Search Site
Consular Processing

Consular processing

Consular process is available to individuals present outside United States and who want to come to the US temporarily or permanently. The types of benefits that one can obtain through consular benefits may be temporary or permanent. Temporary benefits may be visas to visit United States for pleasure or business, visas to come to US to engage in employment, visas through family – K visas. Permanent benefits include immigrant visas – permanent residency, refugee applications.

The equivalent of the consular process in the United States, if the individual is already in the US, is called change of status or adjustment of status. For temporary benefits, the process is called change of status. For permanent benefits, it’s called adjustment of status.

There are certain visas that may not be processed in the United States: J visas for international exchange students or doctors; K visas for fiancées of US citizens or spouses of citizens.

The Consulates are under the jurisdiction of the Department is State.

Contact us

Please fill out the form below and one of our attorneys will contact you.

Quick Contact Form

Office Locations
  • Culver City Office (Main Office) – West Los Angeles
    5711 W Slauson Ave.
    Suite 150
    Culver City, California 90230
    Phone: 310-945-5998
    Fax: 661-840-5732
  • Delano Office
    1005 Cecile Ave
    Delano, California 93215
    Phone: 661-721-0721
    Fax: 661-721-0725
  • Miami Beach, FL (Miami-Dade County)
    7109 Collins Avenue
    Miami Beach, Florida 33141
    Phone: 305-672-1200
    Fax: 661-434-8959
  • Visalia Office
    207 W. Main Street
    Suite D
    Visalia, California 93291
    Phone: 559-931-9059

Client Intake Form

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.